Sunday 2 January 2011

I love Toast!

First of all I need to obviously say a big happy new year to you all and second of all- Did anyone see it?? Please say someone else caught it? I am of course talking about that piece of BBC gold that was "Toast"; Oh My Days! I am completely in love! For anyone that didn't catch it, it was a beautifully crafted piece of television based on the biography of English food writer, journalist and broadcaster Nigel Slater. It stared that glorious jewel of a woman, Helena Bonham Carter as Slater's cooking adversary and step mother and was the ultimate nostalgic trip through edible Sixties Britain and the fashion...oh the fashion! Some of the most beautiful clothes to grace the smallscreen in a very long time in my opinion! An extra slice of deliciousness was that I am a huge Dusty Springfield fan so the soundtrack was the icing on the Lemon Meringue Pie and I urge you to go onto the BBC IPlayer with a cup of tea and your very own slice of toast, curl up and enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment