Sunday 14 November 2010

a girl who has everything..but..

Well, I have just bought a new cookbook that I am ridiculously excited about testing out some amazing treats from, But!! whilst browsing on Amazon, I received one of those "If you liked this, you will love" pop ups... Normally I hastily click off because one of two things occurs....
Number 1- I get into a complete manic buying mode, getting into almost ridiculous book debts, miss all the deliveries and then have more of a relationship with the fella at the post office then I do the man friend with all the pick ups I have to do....
Number 2- The list of books that it suggests I buy make me look like an actual 65 year old, since the books I tend to buy are based around the 40's, making your own clothes, old romantic poetry or baking, and it starts throwing out books with the words "menopause" in the title. This gives me a little mini breakdown and I have to spend the rest of the day convincing myself that these are the book topics of most 23 year olds....
BUT!!!! 
After watching an old re-run of a Nigella series, she mentioned a book that it had to be my life's mission to own! So giddily my little fingers danced off to Amazon to retrieve a copy of...... THE LIBERACE COOKBOOK!!! 


Yes Liberace had a cookbook "Joy of Liberace: Retro Recipes from America's Kitschiest Kitchen" Who doesn't need that in their lives? But this time when my little "pop up friend" appeared it set me on a mission.... 
Some women need the latest Gucci Handbag, some women need the flashiest new car. I am not one of these women. I am a woman who needs the following titles in her life, so with Christmas coming up I'm getting my fingers completely crossed that someone notices my non to subtle hints and purchases me the following:






So if anyone out there can here my cry's I am a girl pleading to own the "Moomins CookBook" and who wants to leave a damsel in distress??? 
xoxo  





No comments:

Post a Comment